Implant Sciences’ QS-B220: TSA-Qualified ETD for Air Cargo Security
On October 18, 2013, Implant Sciences received official notification from the U.S.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) that its QS-B220 trace
detection system has been added to the Qualified Products section of the Air Cargo Screening
Technology List (ACSTL) for Explosives Trace Detection (ETD) screening. The ACSTL serves
as the official guide for regulated parties to use when procuring screening equipment in
accordance with TSA-approved security programs.
TSA requires that every piece of cargo be screened prior to being transported on
passenger aircraft. As a TSA-Qualified product, cargo screened by a certified screener using
the QS-B220 can fly on any U.S. passenger aircraft. Furthermore, because of the mutual
recognition agreement signed between the EU and TSA in June 2012, the same cargo will pass
freely through all EU states, and Switzerland, without any need for rescreening. This offers
significant savings for freight transport companies.
TSA Cargo Screening Regulations are changing. Are you ready?
On January 1, 2014 the last of the grandfathered ETD systems will be removed from the ACSTL.
Certified Cargo Screening Facilities (CCSFs) using these systems will need to replace them by this date to remain compliant with TSA regulations.
Fortunately, freight forwarders and carriers have a new TSA-Qualified choice that has been tested to the latest detection standards,
Implant Sciences' QS-B220.
Explosives Trace Detection— Cargo Screening the Smart Way
Whether it is replacing expiring systems or increasing screening capacity, ETD offers several advantages
over other approved methods:
- Low capital cost; low training cost
- No limits on package size; no tunnels to fit cargo through
- Very low rescreening rate
- Minimal facility disruption
The New Standard in Trace Detection
The QS-B220 is the first explosives trace detection system designed specifically with the needs of the air
cargo industry in mind. Approved by the TSA for air cargo screening in January 2013, and added to the Qualified List of air cargo screening products in
October 2013, the QS-B220 provides many advantages over older designs:
- inCal™ internal automatic calibration system: Keeps the QS-B220 ready to detect without expensive consumables or operator intervention.
- No radiation safety paperwork or testing: The QS-B220 emits no ionizing radiation and uses no radioactive materials,
so there are no licensing, safety testing, decommissioning, or health concerns!
- Low total cost of ownership: With supply costs that can be over 50% less than competing systems, the QS-B220 lets you get more done for less money.
- Low maintenance design: Unlike others systems, the QS-B220 has no complicated maintenance procedures. Routine upkeep requires just minutes per week.
- Push-button maintenance: Automates advanced maintenance and diagnostic procedures, freeing your staff up for other tasks.
- Fast results, rapid clear-down: The QS-B220 analyzes quickly, displaying results in just a few seconds. Reset after a sample is fast too— again, just a few seconds.
- Built-in remote support capability: Need support? Connect your QS-B220 to the internet and our technical staff can take a look.
Whether building a new facility, adding capacity, or upgrading obsolete equipment, the
QS-B220 is the clear choice for air cargo screening.
Discover What Others Have Already Learned About the QS-B220
Facility after facility is discovering the advantages of the QS-B220 explosives trace detector for their cargo screening needs.
Easier to use and simpler to maintain than competing screening options, this system is rapidly becoming the “go-to” choice for air cargo security.
Contact Implant Sciences today to learn how using the QS-B220 for your
cargo screening needs can help you save money meeting security regulations.